The United Kingdom is a nation of pet lovers, of that there is no doubt. However, what’s not loved are the little accidents your cats and dogs have on your carpets. Urine can leave a permanent mark and odour if not dealt with properly, so you really need to know what to do when it happens to you.
At OziClean, we are a family-run carpet cleaning company with a wealth of experience in dealing with this kind of issue and we create blogs like this one to help our readers. Professional carpet cleaning Hertfordshire companies usually use a three-step process when dealing with pet urine and that’s precisely what we provide insight into now.
Acting Fast is Crucial to Prevent Permanent Staining
The best carpet cleaning Buckinghamshire companies understand that when trying to lift a urine spot out of your carpet, time really is of the essence. Urine starts off as a strong acid when it leaves your pet’s body, but it begins to crystalize and turns to alkaline as time progresses, which means preventing a permanent stain can be tricky the longer it’s left.
Now that we know that acting fast is important, let’s have a look at how you can treat any urine stain you have to deal with using household products and items. The essentials you’ll need to do this will include:
- Hydrogen peroxide 3% - as a gentle odour-killing alternative to bleach
- Clean, non-coloured towels - as anything other than white towels may result in colour transferring from the towels to your carpet.
- Dishwashing liquid - to help lift stains out of your carpet pile
- Empty spray bottles - that are 100% clean and not contaminated with any other product residue
- White wine vinegar - as it helps with the break-down of uric acid that contributes to stains and odour
So, Let’s Get On With Dealing With That Urine Stain!
Now that we’ve got our urine cleaning toolkit, it’s time to get on with the job of lifting the stain. Don’t worry, it’s a pretty simple and straightforward process!
- Step #1 - Firstly, you’ll want to begin by putting some of your hydrogen peroxide 3% into one of your spray bottles and spray it directly onto the stain. This should be allowed to sit until it’s dried, however, you should blot all you can with your towel, so that it doesn’t get through to the underlay.
- Step #2 - Next you will want to spray the stain with a 2:1 water/dishwashing liquid solution from another of your spray bottles and then allow this to sit for one to two minutes and then blot with one of your white towels and continue blotting until it’s as dry as you can get it.
- Step #3 - Lastly, you should rinse the stained area with clean, cold water and continue to blot until dry, making sure that no one walks over it until it’s fully dried.
Follow these steps and you should find that the stain and the unpleasant odour it contains have been lifted. Of course, these are not products that a professional company you’d find on your Carpet Cleaning Near Me search would use, but you might be surprised at just how effective they are!
High-Quality Carpet Cleaning Bedfordshire and Beyond
The important thing with any kind of stain, including urine stains, is not to just leave it, as the longer you do, the harder it will be to remove. We hope that by providing you with this simple three-step process, you won’t have to suffer the unpleasant and unsightly after-effect of your furry pal having a bathroom accident on your carpet.
However, if your carpet cleaning requirements call for professional assistance, we’d love to hear from you. The OziClean team has extensive experience with all kinds of carpet cleaning, as well with the professional cleaning of curtains, mattresses and upholstery.
You can find out everything they need to know about us by visiting our website OziClean.co.uk or if you’d like to book a carpet clean with a member of our highly professional and friendly team, call us today on 0800 772 0648. Thanks for reading. We’ll see you again next time.